Wednesday 30 March 2011

Progress Update

It’s been several weeks now since I started my quest on couponing. I have to say I’m so glad that I did this. It was a lot of research in the beginning and now all I have to do is spend a few minutes a week checking out the websites for new deals. Actually, when you register for the website they usually send an email with coupon alerts. How easy is that!?

I haven’t done a tally but I think I save at least $5.00 each week when I’m doing my groceries. That’s by using a couple $1 off coupons here and there. That's $20/month, which is $240 a year. Not too bad if you ask me!! And that’s just on my weekly shopping and not combined with an in-store offer. If I combine it with an in-store deal I several dollars more on that one item, this works out to several hundred dollars a year. I have noticed that we are getting way more for our money lately. And I haven’t gone over my weekly shopping budget in several weeks.

I’m paying close attention to the cost of items and shop for sales now. I haven't changed grocery stores but I'm more aware of what is a good deal. What I like is that I’m trying new things. I think brand loyalty is great. And usually once I find something I like, I stick with it. But the coupons are for some products that I’ve never tried before but would like to. And in that past would want to buy and try out but maybe didn’t want to spend the money. And now, if I have a coupon I’m more willing to spend the money and test out the product. I don’t think I’ll ever have to pay full price for laundry detergent, dishwashing liquid, toilet paper, deodorant…the list goes on! And that makes me all giddy.

So just want to check-in with anyone reading this. Have you tried to get coupons? If so, how is it going? Don’t know where to start!? Let me know and hopefully I can get you started. I think it’s worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment